Monday, February 21, 2011

Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm a Bad Blogger.

I know!  I'm just awful!  A month and a half ago I promised to start blogging regularly again and then I feel through on my promise.  As you can probably already tell, I'm horrible with resolutions, much less goals... I still read blogs though and am constantly so inspired and it made me miss my blog and the lovelies that comment and make my day!  Things have been so crazy lately with travel, work and just everyday life but I really think I'm going to be able to do this!

So let me catch you up ...


I visited one of my best friends (and someone that is actually shorter than me!) in Kansas City!  It was my first time in the Midwest and I was surprised by how "not Midwest" it turned out to be!  KC is amazing with lots of great shopping and things to do.  I ate myself silly and has some crazy, crazy times with my bestie, Cindy (who always blogs here occasionally).


I celebrated my Golden Birthday (27 on January 27th) with some friends at an awesome place in Atlanta called Ormsby's.  It's a bar with indoor bocce ball, darts, pool, and tasty brews.  Good times with good friends!

We also went to Jacksonville for my husband's Grandfather's 90th birthday party--let me just say those senior citizens can party!!

After that, we went to Chicago for a weekend (a Christmas present to my husband) and has such an amazing time!  We both had never been to Chi-town and did all of the touristy things.  First we went to the Magnificent Mile for some shopping and I also found my way a blocks down to my mecca..



As huge top chef fans, we decide we had to try Rick Bayless' restaurant, Frontera Grill.  You can't make reservations but found out you have to get there by 4:30 to get in line for a pager.  We got there and there was already a line!  We were able to get a pager for the 6:00 seating.  We both has mojitos while waiting and ended up having the most delicious dinner of our lives.  It's hard to even describe the flavors that man has come up with.  Everything is so fresh and he's uses sustainable products. 


Of course, we had to try traditional Chicago deep-dish stuffed pizza and hot dogs!  We ate pizza at Giordano's and hot dogs at Portillos.  Yummm!!!


We did the touristy stuff like the John Hancock Observatory and Millenium Park..



And we ended our weekend at the House of Blues for a Slash concert (the real gift to my husband)


Lastly, this past weekend one of my close friends got engaged and we went to their engagement party... I also decided to channel my inner Rumi (fashiontoast) and get some highlights!  I tried what's called "color melting" and I love it!  They're kind of hard to see in this picture...


So, that's what I've been up to!  Plus a lot of additions to the house which I'll be sharing over the next few weeks.  Hope you all have had a fun month as well! :)

No comments: