Monday, December 6, 2010

Blog Du Jour: The Nice Blog

Happy Monday lovelies!  Sorry I've taken a little bit of a break from Blog Du Jour.... things have just been crazy!  If you'd be interested in being featured on Blog Du Jour, please shoot me an email :)

This week's Blog Du Jour features my lovely Cold Hands Warm Hearts partner, Anna Elder from ...And Everything Nice.  I know you'll love Anna, her blog and her stationary as much as I do... Enjoy and be sure to check back tomorrow to see our CHWH swaps!


Who: Anna Elder
Where: Edmond, Oklahoma


What made you start blogging?


I honestly never thought I would start a blog or what I would do with one if I did.  It came about when I was craving an outlet for design and things that interested me visually.  I wasn't working in a field that did much creatively for me so I started a blog.  The first name was Design to be Free and I thought it was kinda cheesy but I went with it.  I needed a place for my thoughts, designs, and visual stimulation.  I knew it would eventually morph into something focused more on my stationery which was and still is in it's beginning phases.

How did you come across the name of your blog?


...And Everything Nice sort of just came to me one day.  I was probably in the shower, where most of my prolific thinking happens.  :)  I was thinking of a name for what I wanted to call my stationery company.  Who was my target base, demographic, etc.  Obviously, young women and women in general.  And the saying "A little girl is sugar and spice and everything nice" popped in my head.  I liked the pause before ...and everything nice.  I think it's a keeper.

If you could trade places with one person for a day, who would it be?


Man, this is a tough one.  Do I go with an intellect or a celebrity?  Who is Jake Gyellenhal dating right now?  I want to be her.  Kidding.  I would want to be Dagny Tagert from Any Rand's Atlas Shrugged.  She's a tough, strong-willed, kind of mean woman with a mind of her own in a time when that's not very common and in a setting I can only imagine.  I would be curious to see that setting in real life.  I'd also be curious to see what it would be like to tall, thin, and angular.  I am none of those things.  Tough, strong-willed, and a little mean.  I am those.

What is the last thing you ate?


I actually just had a bowl of cereal.  Frosted Mini wheats.  I could live on cereal.  I should probably move on to lunch soon.

What is something most people don't know about you?


Another hard one.  I am like an open book to my friends.  However, the blogging community does not know about my irrational fear of moths and flies.  Moths terrify me.  I claim to be attacked by one and will divulge in that story if asked.  They are furry and fly and it's just gross.  I hate flies because of the buzzing noise they make.  I think I can hear one in another room.

What is your favorite vacation spot?


I haven't been to many places outside of the country.  I really want to go to Paris and London.  Last year I went on a cruise around the Tahitian islands.  That's probably my favorite place so far.  If it's sunny and has a beach, I'm there.

What five people would be in your circle for spin the bottle?

 
Oh, now this is an easy one!  How can I keep it to only 5?!  Paul Rudd, Jason Schawrtzmen, Zachary Levi, Zach Braff, and my husband.  I guess I have a thing for people that make me laugh.

What is your "Must Have Today"?


I really always have something I'm obsessing over.  Right now, it's Rayban Wayfarer's optical glasses.  I haven't been to the eye Dr. in years and I don't wear glasses.  I think I might need some, but I mostly just want these glasses!  I have the sunglasses, but I love the frames!!

What is the Tiny Bit of Sparkle in your life?


Since the word 'tiny' is in this question I think I can get away with saying my pug.  My pug Winston makes my days.  He's my little fur child and I love him to death.  He's always there to listen and cuddle as well as play with.  Really, my whole little family of me, my husband, and our two dogs are my everyday sparkle.

3 comments:

Ashley Hasty said...

I love your blog du jour posts! They are so insightful and I love learning about new blogs!

http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

Anna Elder said...

this was so much fun to do! i love your questions. can't wait to post about out swap tomorrow!

Sandy a la Mode said...

awww so glad you made a new friend from the swap!! i love anna and loved reading this and getting to know her better!!!!

i can't wait to see your swap packages tomorrow!! :) xo