Monday, November 8, 2010

Blog Du Jour: Tiny Bit of Sparkle

In honor of almost having 50 followers, I thought I would do this week's Blog Du Jour on yours truly.  Well,  to be honest, it's also partially because I've been a bit of a slacker this week (and haven't gotten around to putting another one together) but also because getting to almost 50 followers has really got me thinking.  What an honor!  Just a few months ago I started this blog and had only 1 follower (my best friend) for the first few months and now Tiny Bit of Sparkle has grown so quickly and it's all because of you all!  Do you ever wonder, is anyone really reading this?  Should I keep blogging?  Well, just want to take this opportunity to thank you for reading, for commenting, following, and just being great!  Happy Monday!


Who: Sarah
What: Tiny Bit of Sparkle
Where: Atlanta, GA


What made you start blogging?

 {via}

I've actually had a couple false starts with blogging.  I discovered blogs during my wedding planning (it all started with Style Me Pretty) and I decided I should start my own blog.  I wasn't really consistent and also just didn't really have a direction.  I gave up.  A year later (post wedding) I discovered design blogs (a.ka. heaven) and thought I would give it another try.  It also helped that I had just quit my job (hopefully more on this later in the week) so I had a lot of free time to focus on blogging!  I'm definitely a big believer in "everything happens for a reason."

How did you come across the name for your blog?


I really think this was one of the hardest parts.  When I decided to finally give blogging a real try, I knew I had to come up with something that was really me.  I realized I'm quite drawn to anything metallic, with sequins, or sparkly in nature so I thought, something with sparkle for sure.  At the time, I thought I might foray into fashion blogging a bit also so I decided to feature a Tiny Bit of Sparkle with each outfit.  I failed miserably and was a little camera shy with the fashion blogging so somehow Tiny Bit of Sparkle evolved into what it is today.  :)

If you could trade places with one person for a day, who would it be?

1 | 2 | 3

This is definitely the hardest question.  I think trading places with Jenna Lyons, creative director of J. Crew would be absolutely amazing.  To have her creative genius, even for just a day would be the best day ever.  I'm not sure how she comes up with such beautiful and inspiring clothes for the everyday woman, season after season but she manages to have me emptying my wallet quite often.  Not only does she have an innate fashion sense but her overall design aesthetic is out of this world as well.  Be sure to check out her Domino article and feature at Habitually Chic.

What is the last thing you ate?

 {via}

That would be the Butcher's Cut Burger from Flip Burger Boutique, + sweet potato fries.  Mmm!!  This is Richard Blais' (from Top Chef) brainchild and is a must-eat if ever in Atlanta.

What is something most people don't know about you?



I was adopted when I was about 6 months old and my parents are Caucasian... meaning I used to get a lot of confused looks as a child!  The funniest is when I speak to someone on the phone first and then they meet me in person... they usually don't expect a tiny Korean.

What is your favorite vacation spot?

 {via}

I would have to say San Francisco.  My parents took me there when I was a kid and I've always wanted to plan a trip back there with my husband.  Something about that bridge, those Full House townhouses, the zig zap roads, Chinatow, and trolleys make me happy.

What 5 people would be in your circle for spin the bottle (even if you're married... think of it like the "list" from friends)?

 

This may seem like sort of an oddball list but for some reason, these are my kind of men: 


What is your "must have today" (your current obsession)?

 
{via}

My Must Have Today would have to be the Balenciaga City Bag in Chesnut or this beautiful, elusive tannish greige one (could not find a picture anywhere) I once spotted at Neiman Marcus.

What is the Tiny Bit of Sparkle in your life?

 

That would definitely have to be my puppy Teddy.  He always puts a smile on my face!

6 comments:

cindy said...

sarah, so glad that you took part of your blog du jour! congrats on your following!

p.s. what is it about bear that is wildly charming?! he'd be on my top 5 too. :)

Ashley Hasty said...

Teddy looks like a big sparkle in your life!


http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

Elyse [Pretty. Happy. Busy] said...

Thanks for letting know a little about you! I am a new blogger too and it is fun to see where the journey takes you! Congrats on 50! I'd say that you are more than a tiny bit of sparkle... you are very sparkly indeed!-elyse

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching 50 followers! Quite an accomplishment. Wanted to let you know that I found your blog a month or so ago (no idea how!) and am enjoying. Thank you!

-McKinze

Stephanie said...

Congrats on reaching 50 followers! Came across your blog via Made By Girl. Just wanted to let you know I'm really enjoying it!

Stephanie

www.1sweetlemon.blogspot.com

sarah said...

thanks so much everyone! almost to 60 now! :) i so appreciate you all reading my little blog!