As you can see, I took that last one after we ate because it smelled so good, I had to eat it before I took the picture!
If you'd like to try your hand at Paella, here's the recipe:
Chicken Paella (serves 4)
Mom's Best One-Dish Suppers
-1/4 tsp. crushed saffron threads
-4 cups chicken broth
-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
-3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 by 1 in. strips
-1/4 lb. smoked turkey sausage, sliced 1/2 in. thick
-1 onion, diced
-1/2 red bell pepper, diced
-2 cups long-grain white rice
-1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
-1 tomato, seeded and diced
-salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Toast the safrron in a dry skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant. Add to the broth. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Cook the chicken in the oil until white and firm, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
3. Add the sausage to the oil remaining in the skillet and saute' over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the onion, bell pepper, and rice. Reduce the heat to medium and saute' until the rice appears opaque and the onion is softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Return the chicken to the skillet, add the broth mixture, and stir well. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a gentle boil and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Fluff the rice with a fork. Carefully stir in the artichoke hearts, peas and tomato. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until heated through. Serve immediately.
What's your go to recipe??